Froggy Fun.

We are home from our whirlwind trip to Winnipeg. We are glad to be home, everyone is a little tired from the trip.

We arrived on Friday afternoon. Our first stop was our old apartment building. Ben was very excited to see "Mr. Golden Sun" ( a wire sculpture) was still there. Nothing else looked familiar to him. We also made a stop at the Sports Traders for some Hockey equipment.

Manitoba has gorgeous provincial parks, and Bird's Hill Park is one of our favorites. The temperature was perfect for sleeping and the Mosquitos ... well, let's just say, they have been worse. We ran into my boss from the Wellness Institute at the beach. It was really nice to catch up with him and life at WI.

I woke up Saturday AM feeling really sick. I was convinced that I had Strep. We found a walk in clinic, I paid Cash because I did not have my MB health card. I had an adenoid virus, but the MD felt sorry for me and gave me a RX for a cold medicine with Codeine. It was fantastic, it really helped me feel better. While I has seeing the MD my family bought more Hockey equipment. How much hockey equipment can 1 family buy? Alot!

We stopped by the forks and then headed back to the beach.

Sunday am we attended Covenant and truly enjoyed seeing old friends. We had lunch with Liz, George and their 2 girls. Then back to the beach!

Are you wondering why I titled this entry about frogs?
The photo is of a tree frog that I caught hopping through our campsite. The kids had a great time holding it and chasing it when it jumped away. But that was not the only frog we played with this weekend. The far side of the Birds hill lake has a series of wetlands and full of frogs. We caught 4 toads and 4 frogs. I had so much fun watching Ben catching them. Ethan was not quite quick enough, but still enjoyed the chase. We played with them for about an hour and then returned them to the other side of the lake.

Monday morning we headed back to Iowa and arrived home about 10 that evening.

In case you are wondering..... Andrew visa was renewed and he has been allowed to return to the USA for another year.

5 comments: