One Little Word



 I am not a fan of New year's resolutions, and have never really made them.   It's seems a little artificial to make a resolution and then break that resolution the very next day.   I have seldom heard about a resolution that was successful, but always about resolutions that have failed.  With that said,   I do like the idea of taking the opportunity of the New Year to make a fresh / new start.    

 

I have decided that this year, I will using a single word to help me focus / refocus through out 2012.   If you have not heard about the One little Word concept, you can read about it here.   Ali Edward's blog

 

Here's a quote from her "A single word can be a powerful thing. It can be the ripple in the pond that changes everything. It can be sharp and biting or rich and soft and slow. From my own personal experience, it can be a catalyst for enriching your life."

 

I liked the idea of using a word to guide your thoughts, feelings and actions through-out the year.   I  liked the idea of not a specific resolution, but a process of focusing on a word or phrase and seeing where God leads, so no failed resolutions.  The word that I chose this year is :  THINK

 It sounds like such a boring word, but it has been coming back to me on a regular basis this week.

 

I hope to share some thoughts with you this year, as I focus on thinking...   

Can you help me this year?   What things speak to you about the word think...   Have you read a good book, seen a good quote?   Please share anything with me.  

 

Here' my first quote about thinking.   Who doesn't love Winnie-the-Pooh?   He's named after Winnipeg after all.          


“People who don't Think probably don't have Brains; rather, they have grey fluff that's blown into their heads by mistake.”

0 comments: