90

August 12,1921 - Cornelia Van Zee Vos was born. 

August 12, 2011  She celebrated her 90th birthday with Friends and Family. We really enjoyed our afternoon and evening together as family.   To explain the magnitude of this event,  I will give you a few numbers.
  • 10 children and spouses
  • 30 grandchildren and spouses
  • 25 great grandchildren with 2 more announced for early 2012
We are only missing about 7 from that total.
Our family also collected a few frequent flyer miles.  We literally arrived from all over the world.  Here's a few places:
  • London, England
  • Panama City
  • Los Angeles
  • Atlanta
  • Philadelphia
  • Kentucky
  • Denver
  • Grand Rapids, MI
With many of us driving from parts of Iowa.

I can't really describe to you how much fun it was.   I saw cousins that I had not seen in years.  I met their spouses and children.  I heard stories about their lives.   We all told stories about Grandma and reminisced about how our lives very shaped by Grandma.   It was extremely evident how much we all love this dear woman.    Happy Birthday Grandma.  
The 5 children

The children and spouses
Grandchildren and spouses
Great Grandchildren.  I am not sure why B and P missed this photo. 
Our family.  

1 comments:

  • Rachel Vos Carrillo | August 20, 2011 at 4:16 PM

    Oh my, I thought for sure that I beat you to it!! I just did my blog today. I put up some good photos on facebook too. Are you on facebook yet? If not, have Mom show them to you. It really was a fabulous party. One to remember! Love ya sis! Lets Skype soon.