He turns 11!

Today we officially entered the pre-teen years.  It's really hard to believe that my kid is only 2 years away from being a teenager.  YIKES!  

I just wanted to share a little bit about Ben at 11.

1. He loves peanut butter, but hates peanuts
2. He often eats 4 apples a day.  Before breakfast, lunch, after school snack and bedtime.
3. He plays soccer and disc golf, but his passion is Hockey
4.  He has read almost 25 books this school year
5.  He hates haircuts
6.  He doesn't like Chicken.
7.  He can play 5 instruments:  piano, recorder, string bass, drums and bells
8.  He loves to laugh and be silly
9.  He finds homework soooooo boring, but really excels in school.
10 He smells like a teenager, especially after soccer
11.  He always has something in his mouth....his thumb, his shirt, his hair

Happy Birthday Ben!

2 comments:

  • Rachel Vos Carrillo | May 4, 2010 at 3:47 PM

    oh Rosalie, that was the sweetest blog entry you have ever done. An ode to Ben. I will remember that it is apples for Ben, no chicken. I have always appreciated Ben´s silliness and the fact that he doesnt want to cut his hair. You and Andrew must be very proud of him. (And perhaps a bit frightened that he is almost a teenager).

  • Betty Anne | May 6, 2010 at 6:26 PM

    Love reading all about your son and had a chance to check out some of you other great posts. You have a great site.

    I belong to Let's Scrap and was going to become a follower of your blog but for some reason I couldn't find the button to do that. I'm sure there is one and must some how be missing it. Can you let me know where it is lol. I will be back later to check out what you have in store for us on Let's scrap and will check here to see if you have a reply for me. Thanks