Sadness....

Today, I need to share some sad news with you. Yesterday afternoon, my grandfather passed away, he was 95. He spent the last couple weeks in the hospital with his health declining. Although I am very sadden by his passing, I know that it was time for him to go. These last few months have been a challenging, he has become frustrated with simple things like his Tv. We went to visit him on Monday, and he was incredibly weak. He responded to my voice, but he was to weak to open his eyes. We stayed with him for about 20 mins. I made this scrapbook page in August after a recent visit. I am sharing it again,


On another sad note, Ethan broke his collar bone yesterday. He went sledding with a friend, flew off the tube and landed right on his shoulder. He slept upright last night because he was quite a bit of pain. He seemed better today. I think the saddest part for him, is that he will be missing at least 6 weeks of hockey. He was looking forward to playing goalie next week. Hopefully he can play the last few weeks of February and a Tournament in March.

2 comments:

  • Judy | January 1, 2010 at 9:38 AM

    Rosalie, sorry to hear about your Grandfather, but I know what you mean about at some point, it's better to not have them stay with us and possibly be suffering. You know he's in a better place now.

    Sorry to hear about Ethan as well. I bet he's really bummed that he's off hockey for awhile. I hope he has a quick complete recovery so he can get in on the end of the season.

  • Kristina | January 1, 2010 at 11:32 AM

    I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandfather. He's so so fortunate to live a long life.

    Bummer about Ethan's collar bone. That has to hurt! Hope he has a quick recovery.